In Martha Beck's book The Joy Diet, she recommends truly laughing every day. An obvious tip, but something we can miss if we aren't mindful.
Unless I witness something really comical, I am more of a "Smile/comment 'That's funny" kind of girl.
Which is why I try to talk to my sister every day.
My husband says that no one can make me laugh the way she can.
In fact, sometimes I laugh so long and so hard that tears run down my cheeks and I can't catch my breath. Our laughter feeds off each other. This is usually when we are together in person and just the sight of her trying to get out the rest of her story puts me in hysterics.
When we speak on the phone I don't lose all control, but without fail I do let out a huge guffaw.
Her gift of seeing the humor in everything and not taking life too seriously is priceless.