Here's how I do it.
I lay in bed and close my eyes.
First I visualize a map of America.
Then I think of my family, and in my mind's eye the places where they live light up.
Then I think about their lives- the people they interact with everyday. More lights.
Then I think of my closest friends and their families, including the family members who I haven't met. Now the glow spreads.
And then I think about the President, which leads me to thinking of other world leaders....
And then the areas of the world most in need.
And the areas that have the most to give.
I think about our soldiers abroad and at home and then their families.
Pretty soon I see a glowing world.
And with every thought I ask for peace and love.
My shining prayer globe keeps me mindful of how we're all so beautifully connected.