If I ever meet Garrison Keillor I will thank him profusely for his daily dose of inspiration entitled, "The Writer's Almanac".
From his mini-biographies of famous writers I fell in love with these gems:
"I was faced with the simplest life question I've ever had to answer. I asked myself whether, on my deathbed, I wanted to sigh and say, 'I could have written a novel' or 'I wrote a novel.' Believe me, the answer was simplicity itself." *Elizabeth George
"One of the nice things about writing for children is their total acceptance of the fantastic. Give a child a stick and a patch of wet sand and it will draw the outline of a boat and accept it as such. I did learn though, that to make fantasy work you have to believe in it yourself. If an author doesn't believe in his inventions and his characters nobody else will. Paddington to me is, and always has been, very much alive." * Michael Bond
"It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by.
How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment?" *Vita Sackville-West
Enough procrastinating for me---- my April 5 deadline will be here all too soon!