* I stand behind the stroller and wheel the baby up to the fish tank's glass wall. He lifts his head up and scans from side to side. Then he kicks his little legs.
* He beams on the lap of his Tia, with the sun soaking the curtain behind them, at a fun restaurant lunch.
* He sits in a mini-ballpit and looking around when a ball hits him in the head. Immediately his Dad's hands reach to take him out. But the baby is unfazed and loving the balls, so he hangs tight with the other kids.
* He recoils with disgust at the taste of cake frosting.
* He eats a messy lunch of chicken and peas on his 8 month birthday.
I cried when I realized that losing my camera meant losing these images.
Then I exhaled.
I have the beautiful memories forever.
And we'll buy another camera.