Often my husband makes time for me to be alone.
Usually I have half a dozen ideas about what to do. Starting with the obligatory cleaning of the house/ doing laundry and moving towards developing curriculum, the list goes on and on of things I should do when I have time to myself.
A free afternoon in May found me giddy.
Out of the house and away from chores and the computer, I ran down my mental list of things I should do until I cam upon another list, of things I could do.
I could buy myself a new nail polish. A new color can be a great pick-me-up (something I forget to buy on my runs to the store for milk and diapers).
So I did.
I could get a vanillla milkshake and small fries and just sit in the car and linger.
So I did.
I could wander around a store for an hour with no purpose but to look at pretty things.
So I did.
I could try on clothes; impractical clothes like a pink rain coat or sparkly gold flats.
So I did. And since they were on sale, I bought them.
Two very bright reminders that it is fun to skip the things you should do and to enjoy the things you could do every once in awhile.