Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Always Be Prepared

My mother always carried Chiclets in her purse.

And I don't remember her chewing gum.

She didn't drive. When my father was away we walked or took mass transit everywhere.

Three children waiting in the cold, bored and cranky and tired of waiting waiting waiting... that's when the Chiclets appeared. Such a treat! My mother is a genius.

What's in my purse?

Matchbox cars... I learned from Mom:)

2 lip glosses.. that I never use but always look for

A tiny bag of band aids and girl stuff

A granola bar and bag of dried fruit.. healthy snacks for my kiddos that I would rather starve than eat

4 pens and a slim yellow moleskin notebook.. that I never use when I am on-the-go but silently hope I will.

A diaper and a nearly empty bag of baby wipes... just enough to be prepared for everything but the worst diaper imaginable

Folded up flyers from a kiddy class.. that I thought were lost and then tossed in the trash weeks after I needed them.

Hand Soap... that I am always delighted to find in the bottom of my bag.

Beat up glasses (not in a case)... the only thing I double-check before leaving the house.

My phone.. with it's cracked case and heavy duty cover.

My keys... technically on a caribener hook over the bag's handle because, well, I am not kind to my things.

Sand.

Crumbs.

And maybe 50% of the time, my wallet.

Believe it or not my bag is more organized now than it was before I had kids:)