Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Reflections

This thought process began when I was about to jump in the shower and saw my beautiful healthy body in the reflection of the bathroom mirror:)

I am not as thin as I used to be.

Or as young or as pretty.

I am not as quick as I used to be.

Or as smart or as angry.

I am kinder than I used to be.

And stronger and wiser.

I am not as brave as I used to be.

Or as stubborn or headstrong (but not by much:)

I am more vulnerable than I used to be.

And softer and happier.

I am more grateful than I used to be.

And more accepting and more generous.

I am just as loyal as I used to be.

And as in love and as hopeful.

I am more and less than who I used to be.

And still all me.