Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Life In Film

"You can map your life through your favorite movies,
and no two people's maps will be the same.
"
Mary Schmich

Annie
ET
The Wizard of Oz
Sleeping Beauty
The Secret of Nimh
The Princess Bride
The Sound of Music
Ghostbusters
Grease
Stand By Me
Goonies
Dirty Dancing
Romancing the Stone
Pretty In Pink
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Indiana Jones (1,3,4)
Steel Magnolias
Impromptu
Casablanca
White Christmas
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Say Anything
Point Break
Singles
Hoosiers
The Big Chill
Annie Hall
Good Will Hunting
Peter's Friends
Stranger Than Fiction
Miss Potter

Movies from my childhood stand out the most, probably because I watched them over and over.

Each film reminds me of time spent with my family or friends.

There are other movies that I hold in high regard, like Shawshank Redemption or Pulp Fiction, but they don't elicit the same sentimental feelings. And they don't always pass the remote control test (i.e.: if I'm scanning the channels and any of my favorites are playing, look no further, I've found my entertainment:).