Sunday, December 1, 2013
PiBoldMo
On my Pinterest page there are boards for preschool crafts, diy home projects and healthy recipes.
In October I discovered that Pinterest allows "secret boards".
Immediately, without thinking really, I created a secret board about writing children's books.
I felt silly and giddy at the same time.
Maybe seeing the board on a daily basis would inspire me to commit to my stories!
Pinning articles about how to craft a story or how to unblock creativity felt like a luxury.
I knew that instead of pinning about writing I should be writing.
But I pinned away hoping for a nudge from the Universe.....
I planned to spend my Monday afternoons in November writing and believed one of the articles could light my writing spark.
Then I came across a pin titled "PiBoIdMo".
Tara Lazar, a children's books author, hosts Picture Book Idea Month.
A free 30 day picture book writing challenge.
Start date: November first!
"30 ideas in 30 days! Daily blog posts by picture book authors, illustrators, editors and other kidlit professionals will help inspire you. By the end of the month, you’ll have a fat file of ideas to spark new stories."
I signed up.
It is the first of December and I have 27 ideas.
27 ideas!
When I created my writing board I had one idea to pursue and a few that I had neglected.
Here I am with 27 ideas!
Only 3 to go!
A million thank you's to Tara!