Another round of the Oprah and Deepak Chopra: 21 Day Meditation Challenge comes to an end.
This challenge focused on Desire and Destiny.
Typically I listen to the meditations at the end of the day before I fall asleep.
But I found the subject resonating with my attempts to recognize myself as a writer, so I saved some for my "Writing Mondays".
Each Monday, after laying out my things on the library table and settling into my chair, I put in my earplugs and listened.
The meditations helped me focus my mind by bringing my attention away from thoughts of self-doubt and centering my mind on the task at hand.
Each message was clear and encouraging.
One day I had to stop the meditation and grab a pen.
I played back Deepak's voice and wrote out his message:
"You are here to fulfill a unique purpose in the world
and
your desires are clues that will lead you
directly to the expression of your destiny."
Even though I want to write picture books, I can list a million reasons why I can't or shouldn't.
And only one reason that I should.... because I want to.
Hearing his words, I realized that my one reason is a clue that I can't overlook.
And so I move forward, putting in the time and work and being mindful of what is unfolding before me.