I just think it is a sin to be bored.
There's a great big 'ol world out there with plenty to see and do.
When my son told me he had nothing to do I walked around the living room pointing out all the things he could do-
Make a mechanic shop for your trucks.
No.
Pretend the sofa is a pirate ship.
No.
Use your firetrucks to rescue the dolls in the doll house.
No.
Well, find something to do because I am going to do the dishes before your brother wakes up from his nap.
I felt a little guilty. Shouldn't I be helping him find something stimulating?
As I washed I tried to think of something fun, playdoh? puzzles? I forgot about those magna-tile things...
I walked into the living room with fresh ideas and saw him holding a broom on the end of a truck pretending to be a street sweeper.
Oh yes, I forgot.
Boredom leads to creativity.