Where did January go?
I remember a fun New Year's Eve with family and friends.
And the rest is fuzzy or should I say flu-y?
10 days in bed felt like an eternity.
Fever, chills, restless sleep, and more....
I truly didn't start to feel sorry for myself until Day #6.
Of course, I had lost a whole pant size by then and my day was a slow march between my bed and the bathroom.
That afternoon, too uncomfortable to sleep, I closed my eyes and listened:
My kids laughing and playing with my husband in the other room...
Neighbors calling hello to each other on the street and delivery trucks backing up to houses....
The waves crashing.
I missed my role in all of this.
This mini-mindful moment lifted my spirits....
A moment to appreciate what a fun full life I lead!
I make a difference in the lives of my family.
I am part of a small community.
I live by the beach.
I was sick. But I wasn't in a hospital.
It felt like eternity, but it would pass.