Friday, November 30, 2012

Shelter Me

There's something to be said for coming home after a long trip..

Doesn't matter if the trip is business or pleasure... eventually I just want to be in my own bed.

It's the little things I end up missing....

a nubby old towel that feels just right
after a hot shower that sprays just the way I like...

my favorite cup that holds just the right amount and fits neatly on my nightstand
besides the lamp that is within easy reach
and lights my book perfectly without glaring into my eyes....

the curtains that block the street lights and then the sunlight,
making a perfect little cave for me to rest....

Really the little things add up to the feeling of comfort from being in my own place.


After Hurricane Sandy hit back East people moved in with friends, family and to hotels.

Some of their homes will eventually be fixed. Many will not.

I am keeping my sister, my best friends and everyone displaced since October 28 in my thoughts.

Here's to getting home soon.