Friday, November 30, 2012

House Love

Our friends bought a Craftsman cottage a few months ago and dedicated much of their free time to renovating each room by themselves.

When we attended their daughter's 4rth birthday party, the celebration was a true house warming party.

Everything about the house sung: the wooden floors, stained glass windows, elegant archways and gorgeous handmade furniture.

As I walked through each room I learned more about our friends. How he is a carpenter who seeks out strong natural pieces and she is feminine spirit who loves a curvy perfume bottle or leopard print towel.

But the best best best.... a 2' by 3' wooden frame holding notes of best wishes and congratulations for their wedding. In the center of these loving words, a black and white photo of a workman's boot standing next to a high heel.

I wonder if they knew that day the home they would create. I'm guessing they knew their home would be a place where they could truly be themselves....together.