Monday, June 4, 2012

The Luckiest McDonough

On Monday my 27 year old brother moved from Seattle to Southern California.
He will be stationed here for the next 4 years.
After 8 years of living on our own we will have family nearby.

On Thursday I flew to New York.
I spent the day chatting on the sofa with my Mom.  
That night my dad, sister, younger brother and I went to the movies. We shared a large popcorn, junior mints and lots of laughs.

On Friday I took my younger brother out to practice driving for his driving test. We drove all over town and reminisced about places from our youth. He will be heading off to his summer job in a few weeks and then back to college.

Now I am sitting in a dentist office waiting for my sweet sister.

This week I saw everyone in my family. This hasn't happened in years.

It's a good week.