If you need someone to bring
over brownies or cookies, I am your girl.
As for cupcakes, they are
best left to those who love to bake. I am competent but could benefit
from a tutorial on frosting.
Cakes. Well, that's why God made bakeries.
Imagine my delight when Oscar brought a cookbook to my lap and
opened to the page showing a dinosaur birthday cake.
DINOSAUR- 4 legs, a
head with eyes and teeth... Not to mention a tail with scales.
I won't
lie, when my eye scanned the directions and saw the words "How to make
marzipan" I asked,"You want a dinosaur birthday cake?"
Thank goodness my sister was in town.
We are like Lucy and Ethel
together.
She baked (but misread the directions and placed double the
amount into one cake pan:)
I carved the parts, then carved some extras.
She started to frost. Then I took over.
Then we abandoned the cookbook
and "winged it". That's never a good idea.
But abandoning the marzipan and
applying frosting directly to the cookie sheet to make a sort of scaley
outline turned out to be a great idea:)
In the end, we made a dinosaur that wouldn't win any cake contest
prizes but blew the socks off my 3 year old.....
Next year I hope he
asks for cupcakes:)