Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gobble Gobble

The day starts with all of us in bed reading while the baby drinks his bottle.

About an hour later the baby snuggles in for his morning nap and we ready for the day.

Two year old Oscar and I head to the beach carrying 3 toy trucks.

The beach lot is bustling with surfers.

We see a couple playing touch football and he tells me, "I play football too... someday".

We make a road in the sand.

We walk to the water's edge and try to pop the kelp bulbs with our heels.

We are train engineers driving on the lifeguard truck tracks, marching along the shore.

We reach a front loader and play in it's shovel.

I hold Oscar above my head to see the inside of a bulldozer.

Heading home along the parking lot sidewalk we stop to read the cars' license plates.

At the swings we ride side by side.

Sometimes I give him a "blast off" pull.

Older boys jump from the swings, but they are "bigger".

Leaving the swings he declares, "A nice treat. I want a cookie and milk... Two cookies and milk please."

Once home, we eat cookies and milk.

Then a game of hide and seek with baby Jesse and Daddy.

A picnic on the living room floor in a sunbeam is followed by a quick game of memory.

We call Mamie and Captain Mac to say "I love yous" and "Happy Thanksgivings" and "I am going to take a nap".

After nap time we cuddle on the couch to watch the Macy's Parade. Kermit, snoopy and the dancers are a big hit.

The big dinner is pure pleasure for the grown ups. For Oscar, cranberry sauce, turkey, and sweet potato pie rule the day.

I share, "I am grateful for my family. What makes you happy?" and his reply of "Mama and Daddy" melts my heart.

The baby has a bath. With a little support he sits up and reaches for the water I pour from a cup. I wrap him in a frog towel. He smiles and kicks at his reflection in the mirror.

"Look at the froggie I found in the tub!" is met with "I want to kiss him".

Daddy and Oscar cuddle on the sofa and the evening routine begins.

Really, not too different from any other day.

Except for the hundreds of "Thank yous" that rang in my heart over and over again.