While sorting through infant clothes and accessories I found the baby blanket I crocheted for my toddler 2 years ago.
It is 2 feet by 2 feet with 3 bars of bright blue and yellow soft yarn, kind of lopsided with a knot and a free floating yarn at the end of the last stitch. A blanket only a toddler could love. And he truly does.
Today in my cupboard, ready for my hospital bag, sits another baby blanket. This blanket I finished crocheting a month ago. It is a soft baby blue with scalloped edges and a triangle pattern runs lengthwise along the sides. It is probably 5 feet by 2 feet and (almost) all of the stitches are neat and tidy.
Over the past 2 years I have learned so much about giving and receiving love.
I am proud that this little hobby has progressed because when I look at the blanket I am reminded of the hours I spent thinking about and just loving my growing baby boy.