Sunday, November 21, 2010

One of a Kind

Etched out some time in my day for jewelry shopping.

My friend hosted a party to raise money for KIPP LA Schools, operator of three high-performing public charter schools in South and East Los Angeles.

She provided wine, cheese, chocolate and a gorgeous array of handmade jewelry.

Every year I hunt for the perfect Christmas gift for my sister.

I am a minimalist. I admire sparkly baubles on others, but limit myself to the basics.
My sister is the bold royal purple to my soft sky blue.

I chatted and ate and perused, thoroughly enjoying myself. My girlfriend described the history of every bead and clasp. So many choices!

With her great taste and guidance I found the perfect piece.

And, surprise, surprise, something simple for myself as well.

The purchases are a celebration of my girlfriend's creativity and generosity and will be worn with pride.