Monday, August 16, 2010

Madonna Mama

Lately, the baby is afraid of the sound of the vacuum (not the actual vacuum).

Most days the vacuum leans against the wall with a sad cover of dust.

When he passes by, he signs "all done" or "loud".

Sometimes he likes to touch or even push the vacuum.

But cleaning has been on a definite hold.

Not that I mind. Sooo many other things I would rather do.

Read. Write. Crochet. Yoga. Sleep....

Today my guys went to the beach and I had a free hour to myself to unwind.

I can't explain why, maybe it's the allure of the forbidden, but I *vacuumed*.

And not in a limp cursory manner.

Hair in a ratty bun, I moved all the furniture in all the rooms.

Stereo all to myself, I blasted the Immaculate Collection.

Fully committed, I used the accessory parts to get those hard to reach corners.

Sometimes I need quiet moments to unwind, and sometimes I need noise noise noise:)