There's nothing to eat in my house.
Actually, there's nothing really sugary or really salty in my house.
And it's way past dinner (which I ate) so what's a girl with a hankering for something to do?
Search through the back of the freezer (probably too much work)?
Pull things out of the cupboards (maybe there's something in the back of the shelf? Because whatever I find won't be older than the lease on this apartment)?
Finally, I find generic brand Rice Krispies next to the baking goods (How did those get there? Wait, when was the last time I made Rice Krispy treats?.............. Can't remember = can't be good).
I pause with the box in my hand and scan the shelf...... Looks like there's all the necessary ingredients here to make some cookies! But who has that kind of gumption, really?
Here's the best part.
Discovering that they aren't stale? No.
The perfectly cold milk poured over the top. Nope.
Scratching that itch with something that really isn't going to hang on my thighs the next day:)