Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Right On Right On

While on our morning walk I watched a man in his 50's unloading a surf board and then a paddle from his car.

When he noticed my admiring glances he stopped to chat. I fell right in with his relaxed demeanor and loved how he marked most of his conversation with "Right on".

I learned that while he had learned to surf as a child, there were periods in his life when he didn't surf at all. And as for paddleboarding, he had just picked it up a year ago. He encouraged me to take up the sport with such an easy manner, as if anyone could do it and "Why wouldn't you if you had the interest?".

As I walked away I had a smile on my face.

Sharing in his fearless carefree view on life was a fun way to start the day.