Saturday, February 27, 2010

Better Start Swimmin'

I am not technologically savvy.

I know I'm old fashioned because I use my phone primarily to *talk* to people.

But lately I've been thinking that maybe it's time I go "high-tech".

Giving a language assessment the other day, my 3 year old client labeled a picture of calculator a "phone".

Her mother told me that she's probably never seen a calculator.
Who needs a calculator when you can just use your phone?

I showed her a picture of a newspaper.
She answered, "Some kind of map with lines on it?"
Her mother's comment, "I read the paper online."

Sigh. Calculators and newspapers are going the way of the Dodo?

Baby steps, right?.............. Maybe it's time I learn how "tweet"?

Or maybe I'll sit back and wait for the next big thing.

By then, I'm sure my son could teach me everything I need to know;)