Somebody forgot to tell my kids it was Mother's Day:)
My day was a roller coaster ride of ups and downs.
Ups:
Ten minutes of books in bed all together at the start of the day.
My 2 year old pretending to feed his baby brother.
The boys playing a game of chase (actually, a "fast crawl") around the house.
Holding hands with my toddler while we watch Sesame Street.
My baby leaning his head against my chest and smiling up at me.
Everyone eating their dinner.
Downs:
The baby jumping off the sofa.
My 2 year old melting down because "I just want to stay home and wear pajamas all day" wasn't on our list of things to do.
A neverending tug-of-war for toys.
Needless to say both children had a lovely bed time routine that finished 20 minutes shy of the usual time:)
My two scrappy playful boys wore me out today.
Still I know, that even my most exhausting day as a Mom is better than a good day when I wasn't.
Being with them, guiding them along, watching them grow: it's just such a gift, any day of the year.