Sunday, January 1, 2012

Had a Very Funny Nose

Juggling the baby and toddler down the stairs.

Holding them away from the curb as I punch the garage code.

Steering them towards the car.

Hurrying along.

Stop.

Wait a minute.

Our car didn't have antlers yesterday!

Unbeknownst to me, my husband "Rudolphed" the truck with jingly antlers and a floppy red nose.

Oscar and I could not stop talking about our reindeer truck on our drive to our playdate.

Imagine our surprise when we climbed out of the car and discovered we had lost an antler in transit.

Promising I wouldn't make the mistake of opening an "antler" window again, we ran errands all week in our festive vehicle.

Of course, with the lack of sleep one will forget such promises, as I did outside the Costco mechanic shop.

Without thinking I rolled down Oscar's window to give him a better view. Down went the window. Down went the antler. Fortunately it was falling half in and half out of the car when Oscar snatched it. Let's hear it for the toddler!

By Christmas we drove around with no antlers visible. Oscar preferred holding the lone antler in his lap. But the red nose was a big hit. And a nice reminder of the season for us and other drivers on the road:)