Twelve years of Catholic school made me a believer. Whether I ever set foot in a church again, part of me will always be Catholic.
However, I credit my grandmother, KK, for teaching my strongest spiritual belief.
Simply, that everyone and everything may disappear. And there will be times when you will think you have nothing left. But this isn't true. Because at the end of the day, you always have hope.
Simple enough for a child to understand. You can always choose to believe that things will get better. In that believing, your circumstances change.
She taught me this through a simple story that she repeated to me throughout my childhood. I remember at first asking,"What is hope?" .... And as the years went by realizing that hope was everything.
Tonight I laid in bed and recited "Invictus" to myself.....KK's story popped into my mind. Just when I needed it.