On July 14, when I awake I don't know Jesse is coming.
My husband crawls into bed next to me just as I stretch my feet to the floor.....A sleeping husband is a strange way to start the day.......
Moments later a knock on the door. Our neighbor's car needs a jump for the third time in three days... Then our car doesn't start?!
Such a strange morning that my superstitious side braces for the "expected" third incident to come...
Midmorning I walk into the darkened lobby of my doctor's office only to find people evacuating. A blackout leaves the hallways quiet and dark. Eventually two nurses with flashlights find their way to me and guide me up the stairs for my appointment.
In the examination room, with a nurse standing by shining a flashlight on me, the doctor says, "Well, you are having a baby today". At that very moment the power turns back on.
Three weeks early, I see Jesse's stirrings of life rippling through my universe before his arrival...
So I tell the doctor, "I already knew":)