For Mother's Day I asked my husband to buy me something exotic, a rolling pin:)
Years ago I attempted to make homemade cookies for my husband, which he subsequently spit in the sink. Truly, they did not taste like cookies. And I did not bake again without the aid of Ms. Betty Crocker.
Now that I am a mother, I feel a burning desire to bake (from scratch!).
Recognizing my limitations, I gently asked for the rolling pin in the hopes that having the right tools would somehow improve my poor baking skills.
I received a rolling pin, a non-stick cookie sheet, a cooling rack, a scraper and Martha Stewart's Cookie book.
Martha is one thorough lady. For the past few weeks I've kept the book on my nightstand and leafed through the recipes and tutorials. Who knew that there are *four* recipes for chocolate chip cookies?
Last night I decided to go for it- the chewy chocolate chip cookies needed to be made.
I used 2 forks back-to-back as a whisk. Instead of an electric mixer I counted on the strength of lifting 23 lbs everyday to get the job done.
And boy does Martha know her stuff. My husband ate three!
And now I am onto more ambitious projects.
I wonder if he likes his sugar cookies cake-like or crispy?